Crafts is a great industry that deserves the title of premium brands in most cases. Why? Because they are unique (provided that you really combine and come up with your projects, and not copy what is already a lot on the market), handmade, from good materials (great as still following the eco trend) and reflecting your creativity and emotions. As long as you really strive to create something unique or niche, you certainly have the potential from the beginning (!) to a premium brand.
Let’s look at the world’s premium brands for a moment and a little at the theory of luxury goods. Luxury goods are those that people will buy even more willingly if the price is higher. This, in turn, results from psychological aspects – we want to boast not that we have a car, but what brand, and how much we spent on it. The money spent reflects our self-esteem. Because such a car is not supposed to be used for moving around – satisfying our basic need related to it – but to promote ourselves among friends 😀 We can also buy an ordinary handbag in a supermarket, but if we buy from Louis Vuitton, it will be something ? We value ourselves and we want to show this to everyone around.
And I don’t want to delve into whether it is good or not – everyone has their passions, on which they are willing to spend most or even all their money ? If they have that money, why not to 😉 And this is really a client that you will try to win over! So I encourage you to find niches that will be able to pay more for your unique piece, appreciating your creativity and work, or thinking about environmental issues!
To create a coherent image of your premium brand, we need to remember a few things:
- The product must have specific values (unique values) for the customer – the handicraft itself is of course an asset, but it may not be enough to break through. You also have to take into account the handcrafts, materials, idea, design, uniqueness resulting, for example, from the fact that you create only individually etc.
- You have to take care not only of the product, but also its presentation in the form of photos or descriptions. And I’m not talking about a professional camera or lighting right away. Anyway, simple solutions in the form of lightboxes are already available at an affordable price. We all know that a good photo is essential because customers buy visually. Patrycja wrote about it in this article. When promoting your premium brand, you should also show through your photos that you approach it professionally and that every element of your brand is consistent.
- Texts should be thoughtful and encouraging to purchase, emphasizing its unique qualities. Not to mention typos, errors or fonts. Can you imagine any famous premium brand allowing itself to be chaotic in their content? Did she write down the terms of sale in the field for the product description? Or flooded the text where he expects a short summary or answers to his questions? Well, not really. About communication I wrote already here if you want to find out more.
- Pricing should be consistent with the vision of a premium brand (otherwise someone may think that you import products from China and sell in Europe). Of course, you should also take into account how much competition you have and to what extent unique values will convince the customer to buy. I have already discussed the issue of pricing my products in this article. Remember, however, that the market will best verify your proposal. Also provided that you reach your niche through the right channels. I have already written about defining your niches in this article and about customers in this one.
- Create a brand image also on social media (unfortunately, if you are not there, you do not exist …). If you don’t have your brands on Facebook or Instagram yet, get started. Don’t worry that you don’t have any followers yet! Invite your friends, share with our European Handmade Crafters group, add hashtags to make them find you ? Everything has to be done, you just have to start ?
Thanks for reading and see you soon on our group!
Like what I create here? That is my free content and I appreciate if you leave a comment, follow my social media and give me some thumbs up to keep on writing! 😊 pass the news on to other people who could benefit from it!
If you want to be up to date when I post new articles – join the newsletter. I do not spam, I only write when I have something valuable to share 😊
If you like what I create, you are at the stage of creating your brand and you are looking for a condensed knowledge of how to prepare for it, I recommend my eBook – in points, problem by problem, solution after solution 😊
You want to be part of our HandieU community – join us in the group, , suggest topics that I could discuss 😊
And when you are ready to sell in Europe – apply to HandieU!